It’s devastating news when you find out that your grandchild was born with a heart tumor. This was the news that Christine White heard when her grandson, Bradley, was only three. Over the next several years, Bradley had to undergo several open heart surgeries including having a defibrillator implanted to protect him from sudden cardiac death. At the age of sixteen, Bradley found himself back at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center for yet another procedure to stop the electrical interference caused by the large cardiac tumor.
“I think 3D Printing will clinically take us to the next generation of imaging. This is our future.”
– Dr. David Morales, Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Enhance Patient Care with an Anatomical Model
Materialise offers software and services to 3D print patient-specific anatomical models. In addition, the company offers a library of standard, ready to go HeartPrint® Research models in various sizes and materials, from rigid to flexible.
As a service, the company is now providing 3D-printed HeartPrint® as a medical device.
- Gain invaluable insights when turning an idea into a functional prototype
- Optimize the efficiency of your (pre-)clinical trials
- Prepare First-in-Human interventions more strategically
- Assist in selecting appropriate tools for surgical interventions
The Standard in ‘Engineering on AnatomyTM’
The Mimics Innovation Suite turns 3D image data into high-quality digital models in an accurate and efficient way. Starting from optical scan, CT or MRI data, the Mimics Innovation Suite offers the most advanced image segmentation, the broadest anatomical measurement options, powerful CAD tools for Engineering on Anatomy and 3D Printing, and accurate model preparation for FEA and CFD.
- Provide a highly accurate cardiovascular 3D-printed model in a timely manner
- Assist in the pre-surgical planning for the treatment of these complex congenital heart defects
- Supplement traditional imaging techniques and confirm the best way forward